The flagship product, J-B WELD is the world's finest cold-weld compound.
It is a remarkably easy, convenient, and inexpensive alternative to welding, soldering, and brazing. J-B WELD is the smart way to repair something!
When welding or soldering is impractical, J-B WELD is the answer. Use J-B WELD as an adhesive, laminate, plug, filler, sealant, and electrical insulator.
How does it work?
J-B WELD is packaged in two tubes. One contains liquid steel/epoxy resin, and the other contains hardener. When mixed together in equal portions, a chemical reaction occurs that turns the mixture into a compound as hard and tough as steel -- and with similar properties.
- Tensile Strength: 3960 psi
- Adhesion: 1800 pis
- Flex Strength: 7320 psi
- Tensile Lap Shear: 1040 psi
- Shrinkage: 0.0%
- Resistant to: 500°F or 260°C
How to use it:
Squeeze out equal portions from the black and red tubes. Mix thoroughly using a wooden dowel or spatula. Clean surface to be bonded. Apply J-B WELD, and let it cure. That's all there is to it!
PREPARING SURFACE: Surface for application must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, etc. Remove any paint, primer, rust, etc. before applying J-B WELD. For the best weld, roughen surfaces to be welded with fine or coarse sandpaper.
APPLICATION: Apply with putty knife, spoon, wooden paddle, or other suitable tool. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. May be applied in an even coat, weld bead, or extruded shape as needed.
DRYING: Allow 4-6 hours for drying before handling. Allow to dry overnight (approximately 15 hours) before putting object to use. J-B WELD works faster if used in a room with a temperature above 10°C. After J-B WELD has cured for six hours, a heat lamp or light bulb placed near the weld will speed drying time.
IMPORTANT: In hot weather or in a very warm room, let J-B WELD set up or dry for about 15 to 20 minutes after mixing. This lets it thicken and prevents running or sagging. In cold weather, a heat lamp or light bulb placed close by will hasten drying time.
Stays pliable for about 30 minutes after mixing, sets in 4-6 hours, and cures fully in 15-24 hours. Like metal, J-B WELD can be formed, drilled, ground, tapped, machined, filled, sanded, and painted.
It's water-proof; petroleum/chemical/acid-resistant; resists shock, vibration, and extreme temperature fluctuations, and withstands temperatures up to 500°F (260°C).
J-B WELD is super strong, non-toxic, and safe to use. Before it sets, you can clean up with soap and water.
What does it bond to?
Virtually any combination of iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, pewter, porcelain, ceramic, marble, glass, PVC & ABS, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, paper -- just about any porous and non-porous material.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on manifolds, exhaust systems, and other engine components which normally operate at temperatures above 260°C.
Ideal for Mechanics: designed for safe, reliable, permanent repairs in engine compartments and heated environments up to 260°C. Strong as steel and impervious to water, petrol/diesel, chemicals, and acids. Working with J-B WELD is quick, easy, and convenient saving you time, work, and money!
JB Weld can be used anywhere:
- YOUR HOME - hot & cold pipes, appliances, tools, hobbies & crafts, bikes, lawnmowers, fences, sporting goods, ceramic tile, household repairs and much more
- MECHANICAL WORKSHOPS - fuel tanks, radiators, cracked engine blocks, transmission & rear-end casings, cylinder heads & sleeves, generators, starters, water & fuel pumps, axles & hubs, valve guides, press fit bearings, crankshaft pulleys, casting defects, door stops, key ways, stripped threads, body shop repairs
- BOATING & MARINE - steel, aluminium, & fiberglass boat hulls, trailers, deck gear, galley equipment, pipes, motors & propellers, fishing equipment
- PLUMBERS - metal & PVC pipe, ceramic appliances, hardware
- FACTORIES & FOUNDRIES - plant equipment & tools, casting defects, altering or repairing patterns
- AIRCRAFT - smoothing wing & fuselage surfaces, sealing windshields & windows
- CONSTRUCTION - anchor bolts & screws, settling tile, pipe, conduit, electrical components, tools & equipment
- MAINTENANCE - patching concrete, porcelain & ceramic fixtures, tools & equipment, signs & fixtures
- SHEET METAL - ducts & tanks, bonding components
- FARMS & AGRICULTURAL - machinery, tractor axles & hubs, tools, hydraulic systems, water & fuel tanks
Every home and shop can save time, work, and money with JB WELD products. Keep it handy for maintenance, repairs, and emergencies!
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 08 January, 2012.